Bordeaux LRT – Lines A, B & C
SYSTRA was appointed to project manage the first phase of construction of three lines for the Bordeaux light rail transit network.
The LRT network’s 3 lines all interconnect and offer easy connections to the city’s public transport network. The objective of this new LRT network is to reduce the number of cars entering the city centre and to facilitate travel between the major residential areas, commercial and business centres and facilities.
- Producing basic and detailed designs for:
- The transport project: track, overhead contact system, stations, railway signalling, traction power, systems, stabling & workshop, structures, operating premises;
- Roads and urban equipment;
- Completely restructuring the bus network,
- Assisting with the construction contracts;
- Reviewing construction drawings;
- Managing construction work;
- Scheduling, supervision and coordination;
- Assisting with acceptance procedures;
- Assisting with legal communications (public enquiry and official approval) and public relations.